Favoured by many, this knife is a must-have in every kitchen. Simple, yet elegant with carbon steel (rustable when not kept dry after use) blade and boxwood handle. Carbon steel is recognized for being a hard steel, making a harder and stronger cutting blade than stainless steel whilst also being easy to sharpen. keeping the blade sharper longer. In return for its performance carbon steel will need a little bit of love and care, as it will tend to oxidise if not well maintained (see maintenance tips with details below). This excellent general purpose culinary knife is designed to be used with a rocking action following the curve of the blade. It's sharp blade renders it extremely efficient for slicing while its charming design makes it ideal for serving a cheese board.
What's to love:
- Carbon steel blade: sharp and easy to sharpen
- Hand stamped and sharpened
- Comfortable boxwood handle
- Over time a beautiful patina (stained and blackened look) will develop
- Available in two sizes (see product options)
- Material: carbon steel blade (62 – 66 HRC Rockwell scale) with boxwood handle
- Handmade in Spain
- Care: carbon steel has a lot of qualities, but needs a bit more attention when it comes to maintenance to avoid rusting:
* To avoid rusting, it is recommended that carbon steel blades are kept oiled.
* Do not soak it in water and never place it in the dishwasher.
* To clean the knife, wipe the blade with a damp cloth and dry immediately.
* To reduce the frequency of re-sharpening, wooden chopping boards are recommended.
* If your carbon steel blade is beginning to rust, use a scouring pad and and acid, such as vinegar and gently rub it on the affected area. After the rust has been removed, dry the blade, re-sharpen and oil to prevent future rusting.