handmade patchwork quilt
This handmade cotton patchwork quilt really is a piece of art. It tells a beautiful story, spoken through its colourful pattern. Drape it over your bed, fold it neatly on the couch, or bring it to your next picknick. It is meant to be cherished and create memories with. The design of this patchwork is inspired by the American quilts made in at the beginning of the 20th century.
The art of patchwork dates back around 5,000 years ago when ancient Egyptians used it for their clothes, wall decorations and furniture. In North America, patchwork experienced widespread revival during the Great Depression at the beginning of the 20th century. It was a cheap way to use recycled fabrics and clothing to create quilts and coverings to keep family’s warm throughout the years.
What's to love:
- Handmade piece of art
- Created by sewing together numerous pieces of high quality cotton
- Unique and timeless pattern design
- Multifunctional: can be used as throw, picnic plaid or blanket on the couch
- Measurements: 140cm x 180cm
- Origin: responsibly made in China