floor basket - elephant grass - multiple sizes
all best things come in three! these nested baskets look great as a trio, but can also be bought separately. use them to store blankets, pillows or toys, as a laundry bakset or as a new home for your favourite plant. or for the perfect hiding spot in a game of hide-and-seek. the possibilities are endless!
these baskets are handmade, one at a time, using all natural materials. first the straw are split into multiple strings which are twisted to form the ropes that are used for the weaving. when the ropes are ready, the weaving will start. starting from the bottom, working their way up to the sides and finally the handles. it will take one person up to 2-3 days to finish one basket. even though these baskets are crafted by professionals, please be aware it is impossible to produce identical products. we believe that the natural imperfections and blemishes are what make this product charming and unique, we hope you do too!
these products are purchased directly from our partner in Ghana, which means you directly are contributing to the Ghanese community when purchasing them!
- measurements: see product options
- material: 100% elephant grass
- origin: handwoven with care by the men and women of Ghana
- multiple sizes available (see product options)
- these baskets are packed down for more environmental and economic shipping. please keep in mind they have to be reshaped upon arrival.
- reshaping tips: sprinkle the basket with cold water (to prevent the dye from bleeding). press and smooth the basket to the desired shape. shake out excess water, then set in a warm place to dry. do not place a wet basket on a surface onto which the dye may transfer. repeat as needed.