Quick and easy but oh so good! Sharing our favourite autumn bake recipe with you. A moist, juicy and apple cake full of spices. Best show stopper during family coffee on a Sunday morning or during your afternoon tea. Warming, fragrant and highly snackable!
What's to love about this cake?
- Easy to make - no mixer required, no fussy decorating
- Chock-full of juicy apple chunks
- Full of warming spices
- Dairy-free recipe
- Sweet, but not overly sweet
- Coming to you, warm and fresh-out-of-the-oven, in just under an hour.
- 200 g self-rising baking flour
- 200 g (I usually go for 150 g) of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 200-400 g of peeled and chopped apples
All apples work, but we recommend Granny Smith, Braeburn or Jonathan
- 50 g of raisins
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Feel free to be creative and add some nuts, dried fruits or your personal favourite spices!
* The above quantity is for a 20 x 9 cm cake tin or a small apple pie mould.
How to make this delicious cake?
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (hot air oven to 165 degrees).
- Mix all the above elements together in a large bowl with a spoon or spatula.
- Line a high-edged baking tray (around 20 x 9cm) with greaseproof paper, then put the cake mixture in and spread it out so that the top is nice and level. Bake for 1 hour.
- Let the cake rest for a bit once it’s cooked and serve plain or with some whipped cream or vanilla ice. Enjoy!
How to store? Keep cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days. To serve, warm it up in the microwave or enjoy it cold - both are highly recommended!
Don't forget to tag @ezustudio - we would love to see how it turned out!